GENERAL INFO ON PHYSIOTHERAPY
AAMC provides patient’s with trusted physiotherapists that are highly trained and proficient, as well as the latest and top notch machines and equipment’s in the industry. Our physiotherapists are well accomplished and have handled many cases which proved to be successful in assisting the patient’s quick recovery and to put their muscle and joints into full potential.
Whether your injury may be from sports, poor physical practices or any other damage caused to your muscle, joint, ligaments or nerves, our physiotherapists can tackle the issue with a variety of treatment techniques they use. They can also advice you on preventative measure’s to take so that such injuries can be avoided altogether.
Our proficient team of physiotherapist uses evidence-based method’s along with a great level of care to ensure a pleasant healing journey for our patients..
SERVICES THAT WE PROVIDE
• Cyriax Technique – Non operative technique to tackle soft tissue lesions of the body. The treatment includes manipulation and deep transverse techniques applied to lesion of ligaments, tendors, bursa, muscles and cervical, thoracic and lumbar spines.
• Dry needling – Successfully proven technique to eliminate or reduce pain. This method includes using very thin needles (with no medication) to treat painful muscle symptoms and dysfunction. It has neurological effects to help ease the pain such as muscle spasms by using trigger points. (Myofascial effects).
• Muscle Energy Technique – The patients own muscle energy is used in this form of manual therapy.Gentle isometric contractions helps to relax the muscles through autogenic or reciprocal inhibition and lengthening of the muscle. Muscle energy technique is an active technique in which the patient is also a participant. It helps to restores the muscle tone, fortifies weak muscles, and improves the joint mobility, thus improving the range of mobility.
• Trigger Point Therapy is a substitute medicine rehabilitation that helps to improve blood and lymphatic circulation, as well as stimulating the stretch impulse in muscles. It is also used to treat skeletal muscle immobility and pain by relaxing the contracted muscles.
• Manual Lymphatic Drainage is a form of massage therapy that helps in natural drainage of the lymph, as well as removing waste products from the tissues. The massage requires stretching the skin in specific which encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, that carries waste products away from the tissues and back towards the heart. The skin is stretch in specific directions using hand movement to promote variations in interstitial pressure without the use of lubricant. It is slow repetitive movements which incorporate a resting phase allowing skin to return to its normal position, and the pressure is varied according to the underlying tissue with the aim to promote lymphatic drainage.
CASES THAT WE CATER but not limited to:
Acute and Chronic back pain
Sciatica, Piriformis Syndrome
Post-operative surgery for shoulder
Rheumatologic cases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Gouty Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Fibromyalgia and etc
Neurologic Cases such Cerebrovascular Disease, Traumatic Brain Injury, Parkinson’s Disease, Spinal Cord Injury
Pediatric Cases such as motor delay, cerebral palsy etc.